TWO DAY INTENSIVE CLINIC
It’s like having a 4 DAY CLINIC in just TWO DAYS!
Physical Location: 1658 Prairie Road Washington, Kansas 66968
Participants must be 18 years of age or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian enrolled in the same clinic as either a participant or auditor.
All Breeds and disciplines welcome!
Designed and personalized for each horse and participant.
- Only 3 horse spots available! Horses are worked with twice a day; (once during the morning and once again during the afternoon).
- Auditors are encouraged to attend however space is limited to 5 auditors only!
- Our weekend together starts Friday evening with a Meet and Greet Supper. Please plan to arrive before 5:00 pm to allow time to get settled before supper.
- A country family style Breakfast will be served about 7:30 am Saturday morning, followed by a Touch of the Master’s Hand study of Biblical principles of relationship and how they relate to our horses. There will be time for questions, discussion and answers. (Guests are encouraged to bring a Bible and notebook).
- Next it is off to the indoor arena for the practical application of the Biblical principles we discussed at breakfast.
I usually work with the horses during both sessions on Saturday while explaining what I’m doing and why. In between your private sessions observe, ask questions, and find solutions while watching the other horses being worked with. Biblical truths are taught and illustrated while working with the horses.
I like to start each horse in the round pen at liberty, then work with the horses online before saddling. Participants however are always welcome to ride or work on whatever they believe is most beneficial to them and their horse.
We usually try to get all three horses worked in the morning session before taking a break for the noon meal.
- The Saturday afternoon horse session will follow the same format as the morning session depending on the horse’s needs and participants desire. We try to be wrapped up as close to 4:30 pm as possible to give ourselves plenty of time for feeding, cleaning stalls or pens and getting cleaned up ourselves before supper.
- Supper will be served around 6:00 pm. Then after supper, there will be time for questions, discussion and answers.
- The rest of the evening is left for a time of relaxation and fellowship. We want you to make yourselves at home. Enjoy visiting with friends while snuggling up to the fireplace, or feel free to turn in early if you need some extra rest. If you enjoy music, Becky and I have been known to sing a song or two before turning in.
- Our Sunday schedule will follow the same schedule as Saturday for the most part. One exception might be instead of me working with the participants horses I’ll be helping participants with one on one instruction. Our goal is to be wrapped up by 4:30 pm on Sunday.
These Two Day Intensive Clinics have proven to be a perfect clinic for busy people. These clinics also provide the opportunity for deepening our understanding of the true nature of the horse while practicing right communication skills to build confidence in both our horses and ourselves. We might even gain a greater appreciation for others and God along the way!
Pricing & Discounts:
$450/Horse ($50 discount if paid in full at the time of registration). If not paying in full at the time of registration the balance is due thirty days prior to the start of the clinic. Limited to 3 Horses only!
- Includes 4 Training Sessions, 2 Nights Lodging, All Your Meals, and a stall or pen for one horse. (Participants are responsible for the feeding and cleaning of their horse’s stall or pen).
- A $100 deposit/horse is required to hold your spot. Deposits are non-refundable but are transferable! The balance is due thirty days prior to the start of the clinic.
- An additional $50 discount for each family member registered as a rider in the same Two Day Intensive Clinic.
- Too far to haul or just don’t want to drag a trailer? Lease a horse for the duration of the clinic: Cost is $100/Horse
- $250/Auditor ($50 discount if paid in full at the time of registration) If not paying in full at the time of registration the balance is due thirty days prior to the start of the clinic. This clinic is limited to 5 auditors only!
- Includes Observing 4 Training Sessions, 2 Nights Lodging, and All Your Meals. (Observe, ask questions and join in the discussions)
- A $100 deposit is required to hold your spot. Deposits are non-refundable but are transferable! The balance is due thirty days prior to the start of the clinic.
2 RV Hookups are available across the creek (electricity only) or there are full hookups in town at the park less than two miles away.
Lodging & Accommodations:
Welcome to our home! Our desire is for you to make yourselves at home and enjoy your time with us. We are used to a crowd around our table so come on in, kick your shoes off, relax and rest!
There are 3 Bedrooms located downstairs with a walk out basement.
- 1 Bedroom with three twin beds.
- 1 Bedroom with 2 twin beds.
- 1 Bedroom with 1 King-Sized Bed.
- There is one full shared bathroom downstairs with a half bath on the main floor upstairs off the kitchen.
- Towels, wash cloths, and bedding are provided!
- The main floor has an open dining room and living room area for relaxing and visiting around the fireplace with big windows overlooking the meadow and creek.
- Meals are served family style.
- If more privacy is preferred or you have dietary needs a motel or full RV hookups are available in town (both less than two miles away).
Things to Bring:
- While we will be in an indoor insulated arena, the arena is not heated so participants will want weather appropriate clothes.
- Bible, Notebook and Pen.
- Feed for your horses. (Stalls have automatic waters and corner feeders in them).
- Comfortable chair for sitting while watching horses in the arena.
Come be a part of our family. Enjoy great home cooking and the hospitality of the old west with Becky and I in our home. Along with the amazing Biblical teaching illustrated through the horse and human relationship during the day. We hope you will enjoy the relaxing evening around the fireplace with family, friends, and maybe even some live music by Becky and I. Our hope for you upon departure is that you are challenged, inspired, and refreshed.
For more information about my teaching at these clinics I recommend you read my book: Touch of the Master’s Hand – A Biblical View Of Relationships Through True Horsemanship (it can be purchased through the link on our website.
“I’m not offering you an easy three step program, some new method or techniques to train your horse. Neither, am I offering you some magical, mystical religious experience to fix all your problems or solve all your relationship issues. What I am offering you is the opportunity to gain the knowledge and put into practice the Biblical principles that can lead you to a better and more meaningful relationship with your horse, others and God.”